Fwd: Forms results under NT

Bill Trefzger billt at nist.gov
Mon Sep 8 12:56:27 EDT 1997

Sharon,

Two solutions:

1) Perl for NT is available. Depending on the script, the port might have a
few hitches, but will work. See:
http://www.activeware.com/

2) Cold Fusion is a Web middle ware program that handles email very
gracefully; you can build in alot of intelligence very easily into your
forms. See:
http://www.allaire.com/

Good luck.

Bill

At 08:05 AM 9/8/97 -0700, SharonQuinn Fitzgerald wrote:

>We have recently migrated from a UNIX web server to an alpha running NT.
>One of the most thorny issues we have encountered in the migration is
>e-mail support for returning forms data.  Apparently the VB script on NT
>does not support e-mail.  We are currently having our results published to
>restricted HTML pages, the solution prescribed by FrontPage
>Explorer/Editor.  However, we noted there is an option for customizing the
>form handler and hoped we could explore this angle.
>
>Our previous server handled CGI scripts written in perl very nicely and
>the staff fielding the forms data would prefer to continue with e-mail
>delivery.  Perl also allowed us to set certain fields as mandatory, a
>feature I have not found in forms page creation with FrontPage.  Has
>anyone encountered these growing pains and found a solution?
>
>Thanks for your consideration,
>
>Sharon Quinn Fitzgerald
>Fogler Library Web Manager
>University of Maine

              Bill Trefzger
NIST Electronic Information  phone:(301)975-2146
     & Publications Program  fax:(301)869-8071
        Bldg 101, Room E106  mailto:billt at nist.gov
     Gaithersburg, MD 20899  http://nvl.nist.gov/