Fwd: Forms results under NT

SharonQuinn Fitzgerald SharonQuinn_Fitzgerald at voyager.umeres.maine.edu
Mon Sep 8 10:48:35 EDT 1997

We have recently migrated from a UNIX web server to an alpha running NT.
One of the most thorny issues we have encountered in the migration is
e-mail support for returning forms data.  Apparently the VB script on NT
does not support e-mail.  We are currently having our results published to
restricted HTML pages, the solution prescribed by FrontPage
Explorer/Editor.  However, we noted there is an option for customizing the
form handler and hoped we could explore this angle.

Our previous server handled CGI scripts written in perl very nicely and
the staff fielding the forms data would prefer to continue with e-mail
delivery.  Perl also allowed us to set certain fields as mandatory, a
feature I have not found in forms page creation with FrontPage.  Has
anyone encountered these growing pains and found a solution?

Thanks for your consideration,

Sharon Quinn Fitzgerald
Fogler Library Web Manager
University of Maine