Internet Problems

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 30 22:09:01 EST 1997

What Andrew discovered is not, unfortunately, anything new. Ever since
the University of California switched network providers we've had a
continuing series of problems with our network connection to the rest of
the world. This sometimes leaves us as a virtual island -- unable to
connect to outside hosts while outside clients are unable to connect to
our hosts. As untenable as this may seem, it goes on and on, in an
intermittent but no less maddening fashion. Since I have complained to
everyone in sight and many who are not, I beg your indulgence for errors
I cannot correct. Suffice it to say I will continue hammering away at
anyone who will listen to me until this is corrected. Thanks,
Roy Tennant