Electronic libraries

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Wed Oct 29 22:00:48 EST 1997

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, MRSCLIST wrote:

> I guess what rankles me about the above scenario is that some part time
> policy maker reads an article in a haphazard fashion, creates a couple
> weak theories on the future of electronic libraries and how they can save
> their taxpayers a couple bucks, then dumps the whole load onto their
> library administration to prove or disprove their half-assed conclusions.

I've got news for you, folks. This happens in the private sector all the time,
but there it's usually someone in upper management. At one computer conference
dinner table, we dubbed it "airline magazine syndrome" - the president (or
whoever) comes home from a business trip, having read about the latest and
greatest, and wants to know "why aren't we...?"

There appear to be no solutions in sight.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760