Internet Problems

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Oct 29 11:13:26 EST 1997

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had some ideas re: the following.

For some time, we have had problems accessing web sites in the Berkeley,
CA. area.  As this includes WEb4Lib info. and other useful sites, it has
been a hinderance to us.  I never can get a response from any of the
servers in the area but have been able to access sites in San. Fran. and
elsewhere in the Bay Area.

I just ran tracert's to http://arts.ucsc.edu and http://www.berkeley.edu.

Both timed out at 144.232.4.97 although other runs have timed out at other
144.232.4.xxx addresses.  Any ideas why (and where) this is happening?

BTW, Northville is a Detroit, MI suburb and we get Internet access via
MERIT.  The tracert's go via MCI to Atlanta and then Sprintlink.net before
they "die".

Thanks,

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library