Print Restrictions

Rhyno Art arhyno at server.uwindsor.ca
Tue Oct 28 11:49:09 EST 1997

We recently had a request from a faculty member who wishes to put out
course materials on the Internet but does not want them to be copied or
printed directly on a web browser. Although there is no way to stop someone
from copying an image of what is on the screen, the concern was that the
materials not be easily reproduced on paper. I am curious if anyone has run
into this type of request, and if so, did they come across any solutions ?
The only idea I can come up with is to use a Java applet as a viewer for
the material.

art
---
Art Rhyno, Systems Librarian