Communicator 4.03 problems with Java -Reply

Dorothy Day day at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 28 00:52:51 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Frank  Cervone wrote:

> We have been experiencing the same problem. It seems that it ALWAYS
> happens when visiting sites that use Microsoft's IIS Active pages and
> J++. Hmmm...
>

> > I have recently upgraded to Communicator 4.03 (the full set) and have
> >recently started running into problems loading pages with Java
> > applets.
> .. rest snipped ....

Another known bug. Try getting signedapplets.zip from one of the
following, where you'll also find directions for installing the fix:

1. Unofficial Netscape FAQ
     PC FAQ | ALL Versions | Navigator 3.0x and Below |
Communicator/Navigator 4.0x | Mac FAQ Release Notes | UNIX | Trouble
Shooting | Install Reports | Sites.
     http://www.sousystems.com/faq/default.htm
        - size 23K - 5-Oct-97 - English

2. Communicator Freezes While Starting Java
     Applies to: Communicator 4.02, 4.03 Operating Systems: Windows 95
and Windows NT 4.0 (with NT Service Pack 3 installed) Problem Symptoms:
"Accessing a...
     http://www.sousystems.com/faq/commonly/java_remedy.html
        - size 4K - 29-Sep-97 - English

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day at indiana.edu
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."