Internet Librarian 97 conference

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Oct 24 11:18:37 EDT 1997

At 11:14 PM 10/23/97 -0700, Doran, Kelly wrote:
>A couple of people have mentioned this conference on the list lately.
>Are many Web4libbers attending? If so, has any Web4lib get-together been
>organized, formally or informally? I'll be there and it would be nice to
>meet fellow listmembers in person after knowing them only through ASCII
>text....

I too would love to meet list members at the conference.  I'm not attending
(in the sense of paying the four bills to go to sessions), but will be at
exhibits and elsewhere in the Monterey.  My wife (Gail, HP-Boise librarian)
is attending, so I'm the "companion spouse" who will shop for library
postcards, see exhibits at the conference, visit relatives, and maybe get
up to see the actual facilities at library.monterey.edu.  Meeting other
list members would be great.  Since there are a couple of receptions in the
evening that are part of the conference, maybe we could all meet in some
gathering point.  I'll be wearing my traditional multi-colored propeller
hat, so I'm an easy target....I'm also a fat graying bearded guy in
jeans...part of being an easy target.

dan

Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho 83716-7115 USA
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/   http://www.lili.org/
http://library.idbsu.edu/   http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
Albertsons Library at Boise State, the University for Idaho
Sent me a postcard of a library yet?  You'll get something nice in return.
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534