Timing out Netscape on a public workstation

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Oct 23 13:08:41 EDT 1997

At 09:08 AM 10/23/97 -0700, CMUNSON wrote:
>I was wondering if there is sofware or a technical way to get Netscape to
>time out after a period of inactivity and go back to a "home page" (being a
>URL designated in Netscape setup). I need to to this for around 20
>workstations at an exhibition hall Internet booth. I'm hoping that some of
>you who have been doing this in the library trenches might have some words
>of advice.

    We're testing WinU on this.  It will theoretically do it, but my
assistant working on the security project has been ill.  I'll be interested
in other responses as well.  We're hoping WinU will do the same thing for
CDROM databases as well.

Someday SOMEone will come out with a security software package that does
all of the things we want in one package, instead of some features in one,
some in another, etc.

dan

Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho 83716-7115 USA
dan at 84.com  http://www.84.com/  http://www.lili.org/
http://library.idbsu.edu/
Sent me a postcard of a library yet?  You'll get something nice in return.
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534