Distance learning questions

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 16 18:07:06 EDT 1997

Forwarded by request. Please respond to debr at alpha.necc.cc.ne.us .
Roy

From:	NAME: Deb Robertson
	FUNC: Library/Resource Center
	TEL: (402)644-0515                    <DEBR at A1@VAXC>
To:	alpha::smtp%"web4lib at library.berkeley.edu"@mrgate

I have two questions that are both related to distance learning.

1.  Our library is preparing a request for a distance education liaison
librarian.  Would anyone have a position description that you could share?
We need to provide service to our own off-campus students as well as work
with students taking advanced degrees on our campus through other higher
education institutions.  We wonder what employment level this position
should have, what services this position will offer and what to expect in
general.

2.  Our distance education committee needs to know if there are statistics
available showing the effectiveness of college classes taught on-line, web
based.

Thank you for any information you can offer.  If you respond to me
personally I will gladly summarize for the list.

Debora Robertson			Email - debr at alpha.necc.cc.ne.us
Library/Resource Center			Phone - 402-644-0619
Northeast Community College		Fax   - 402-644-0555
801 East Benjamin Avenue
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE  68702-0469

Date:	16-Oct-1997