foreign language display in web

Paul Hamilton phamilto at pnc.com.au
Thu Oct 16 15:43:21 EDT 1997

Dear Jian,
After fruitlessly fiddling about with both Internet Explorer and Netscape
in order to correctly display languages other than English (but especially
Asian languages) we now use a multilingual browser called 'Tango'
(http://www.alis.com). As a standalone browser it works better than the
'big two' do in with language utilities, which is especially brilliant for
public access workstations.

Not only does it display non-English characters but also provides browser
interfaces (menus, online help, etc.) and keyboard maps in a wide range of
languages. Comes with its own email client 'Tango Mail', Web pages can be
displayed in over 75 languages. I thoroughly recommend it.

Paul Hamilton, Electronic Resources Librarian
Blue Mountains City Library	||Phone:  +61-2-47510749
104 Macquarie Rd		||Fax:    +61-2-47510752
Springwood NSW 2777	||E-mail: phamilto at pnc.com.au