From the aaas.org web site

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Oct 15 16:34:21 EDT 1997

I deplore David Rez's action.  While I don't agree with Chuck Munson, at least
the two of us didn't stoop to such low levels.  I belive the discussion has
been of good quality until this stupid stunt by Mr. Rez.

CMUNSON wrote:

> David Rez wrote:
>

>      Ok. What does this have to do with anything?

It has nothing at all to do withthe discussion.  I afree with Chuck in that is
offensive and I might add just plain stupid.

>      I take this as a professional insult. I can tolerate folks like D.
>      Burt calling me names, but this post is downright unethical.
>

>      As I have said elsewhere, on the job I will do everything I can to
>      abide by the wishes of my institution. However, as a professional I
>      have the right to make my opinions known which may contradict the
>      views of my employer.

I believe Chuck is a professional and has acted in a professional matter.

>      I had heard that David Burt was saying that some people were calling
>      his employer and complaining about what he was saying in various
>      library forums. This should be deplored because we should all have the
>      right to speak out professionally. As much as I disagree with David,
>      when I heard about this a shudder went down my spine.

I strongly deplore such tactics and will speak out against them.  It smacks too
much of political correctness.  I disagree with Chuck in some ways but support
his right to state his views.  The same goes for others here as well.

This has been a good conversation, polite for the most part.  lets keep it
civil.

Bill Drew