County May Allow Parents to Bar Children From Intern

Dan Marmion Marmion at wllnov.wmlib.wmich.edu
Wed Oct 15 04:25:38 EDT 1997

> Date:          Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:12:15 -0400
> From:          CMUNSON at aaas.org (CMUNSON)
> Subject:       Re[2]: County May Allow Parents to Bar Children From Interne
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>,
>                "Dan Marmion" <Marmion at wllnov.wmlib.wmich.edu>

[snip]

> Chiding a list administrator for insisting that subscribers adhere to
> copyright law!!!!!   What next?
>
>      Dear Dean,
>
>      Not all librarians agree with copyright law. Understand?
>
>      Fair use on the Net has also been subject to interpretation. Why can't
>      I mail out an article that appeared in a newspaper I paid for? Or have
>      we decided to bend over backwards and let intellectual property
>      nutcases decide how we are to communicate with each other?
>
>      Chuck

Maybe you don't believe in seat belt laws either, but I do, and if
you want to ride in my car you follow the law. Understand?

Dan

Dan Marmion, Assistant Dean        Western Michigan Univ.
Library Technology & Systems      Dwight B. Waldo Library
VOX: (616) 387-5239              Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5080
FAX: (616) 387-5077        marmion at wllnov.wmlib.wmich.edu