County May Allow Parents to Bar Children From Interne

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Wed Oct 15 13:12:15 EDT 1997

> From:          CMUNSON at aaas.org (CMUNSON)
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject:       County May Allow Parents to Bar Children From Internet

> Let me first say that I do not agree with the new re-posting guidelines
> implemented by this list's administrator. I think the decision was made in
> an undemocratic fashion and promotes a very narrow interpretation of fair
> use, especially in the medium of listservs.

Chiding a list administrator for insisting that subscribers adhere to
copyright law!!!!!   What next?

     Dear Dean,

     Not all librarians agree with copyright law. Understand?

     Fair use on the Net has also been subject to interpretation. Why can't
     I mail out an article that appeared in a newspaper I paid for? Or have
     we decided to bend over backwards and let intellectual property
     nutcases decide how we are to communicate with each other?

     Chuck