Redesigning a web site

Mike McGuire mike at tcnet.org
Tue Oct 14 21:48:53 EDT 1997

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Walter Giesbrecht wrote:

> At what point do you take a good, long look at your web site and
> decide that it needs to be spruced up? After one year? Two? In
> any case, we are beginning the process here, and would like to
> get suggestions as to who does things well, and what approaches
> we should avoid -- in other words, which library web sites do you
> like, and which don't you like (from a design point of view)?

Can't say that we have a specific date for taking a look at our web site
since it's a continual and ongoing process. We're doing a massive revision
now of the Library site and will soon have a major revision of the
Traverse Community Network site.

As for favorite library sites, there really are a lot of them out there.

> If you'd rather not display your prejudices in public, send your
> choices to me, and I'll try to summarize (anonymously, for those
> of you who would otherwise be reluctant to send me nominations
> for a "worst of" list.) Thanks in advance for your help.

Good luck in your summarization.

> BTW, if you'd like to offer a critique on our site, the address
> is <http://www.library.yorku.ca>. All comments are welcomed!

I'll check it out tonight and be brutally honest :P I'll also take a look
via Lynx.

Thanks for the invite.

Mike McGuire
Library Director/Network Administrator