WYSIWYG editors and extraneous code

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Tue Oct 14 14:43:30 EDT 1997

>So, code bloat will become a nonissue in net traffic.....just as it is in
>word processing.

Ok, set aside Net traffic. What about if you can get your page to load
faster? Is it worth it to you to take out the fluff? In my opinion, it is
when you can get a table fresh out of Word97 that once took 35 seconds to
load at 28.8 which after trimming takes 10 seconds to load at 28.8. Guess
it depends upon your perspective.  Another reason is to write correct HTML
that validates. If you think that's being a perfectionist (and please no
cracks about us catalogers *laugh*), well that's the way I learned how to
write HTML.  Then again, the HTML police aren't going to come banging down
any of our doors in the dark of night.

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu