(fwd) Re: Netscape Navigator 4

Jennifer Heise jahb at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Oct 14 09:28:58 EDT 1997

>>Netscape is pathetically slow, especially on slow machines... My home
>>machine is a 486 w/ 48 megs ram, and Netscape takes a while to load... My
>>suggestion is to switch to IE (internet explorer) or opera.
>
>Why? Netscape loads slower, but after that, it's just as speedy, and maybe
>even a little speedier, than IE (haven't tested Opera).

It's also more prone to crashing on older, slower machines, and on Macs it's
an absolute disaster (but what do you expect from a product created on a PC
and ported to a Mac *shudder*).

I think it depends on what machine you're using though. Why the heck hasn't
someone on THIS side of the pond come up with a cheap thin client for public
applications?