shareware for mailing list

Susan Rabe rabe at crlmail.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:19:54 EDT 1997

I use Eudora Pro so this feature may not be available in Eudora Light.  You
need to check in the options to see if you can add the "Bcc:" field to your
outgoing messages.  I've used a couple of different email programs where
this isn't a standard feature but can be added.

"Bcc" or blind carbon copies suppresses the display of the addresses to
each recipient.  The only problem I've found with this method is that one
addressee's site will not accept blind carbon copies unless there is an
address in the "To:" field.  My messages to my mailing list are addressed
to this one address with the alias of the mailing list going in the "Bcc:"
field.

At 03:48 PM 10/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Im an information scientist from Brazil. I'm organizing a free mailing
list on
>subjects of interest to professionals on information science, records
>management, competitive intelligence and related issues (in Portuguese),
>but I'm doing it using my Eudora light mail software. It has a problem:
>all the addressed names apear to everyone. It's a long list.
>
>Does anyone know if there is a freeware or shareware (a cheap software)
>address book, send the newsletter (it is shipped as an e-mail) and I
>must have the option to hide the list names. I do not want that the
>users receive a looooooong list of names.
>
>I think a list server is too much sofistication for me in this small
>job. I would not like to have to learn how to manage it now.And I
>believe it's expensive.
>
>Thank you for any information.
>
>Regina Cianconi
>=========== EGERIA - Gerenciamento da Informacao =============
>        askSam banco de dados textual e hipertexto
>                Distribuicao e Consultoria
>                egeria at prolink.com.br
>                http://www.egeria.com.br
>                http://www.egeria.com.br/webmall