Macintosh Security

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
Mon Oct 13 19:31:45 EDT 1997

At 3:16 PM -0700 10/13/97, Glen Davies wrote:

>There is a utility called Resedit which I think is free from Apple.
>It can be used to remove unwanted menu options.

A very powerful utility, you can even change the names of options, messages
in dialogue boxes, icons, fonts etc.

I once used it to alter certain warning messages on a shared staff Mac to
wordings that would be more relevant to our situation.

There are several books on ResEdit, all include the program.

Warning always work on a copy of the program or be able to restore from a
floppy.

ResEdit itself can be modified to give it more capabilities by adding
editors for more resources.

I recommend the BMUG ResEdit Collection CD-ROM.

For more information on BMUG see:
    http://www.bmug.org/

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
(currently Gilles Poitras gpoitras at gtu.edu)
Graduate Theological Union Library
2400 Ridge Road         Berkeley, California, USA
http://www.gtu.edu/library/