HTML tagging error ettiquette -Reply

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Fri Oct 10 16:29:15 EDT 1997

Forget it.  What harm is done to you or me?  WYSWYG editors do all
sorts of queer things.  and the numbers are color codes.

John

P.S.  If you know them and they know you then I guess you don't bother
them.

>>> Sheryl Dwinell <dwinells at vmsb.csd.mu.edu> 10/10/97 03:24pm >>>
Ok, here's an odd question. I was looking at the source code of
someone's
page and noticed a lot of weird stuff (for example, <font
containers
comes up alright in the browser. It has all the signs of having been done
in some WYSIWYG editor and wasn't run through a validator. Would it be
really obnoxious to inform someone that their tagging wasn't correct, or
just forget about it?  By the way, I don't know this person. If I did I'd
have no problem emailing them.

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu