administering collections of internet links

Elizabeth L. Blakely blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
Fri Oct 10 11:30:24 EDT 1997

Like many libraries we are creating a set of topically organized links to
Internet sites, a miniature "Yahoo" that provides annotated links selected
to support our user groups particular needs.  As our lists of sites grows
we find the overlap and time to edit hard-coded lists time consuming
hampering its growth and consistency.

I know about the OMNI project which provides an administrative
gateway/database.  Does anyone have any experience with OMNI or know of
any such tools they can recommend or warn me about.  OMNI's address is
omni.ac.uk.

Thanks.

 Elizabeth Linck Blakely, MILS		  | blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
 Information Services Librarian		  | 215/503-7676
 Academic Information Services & Research | 1020 Walnut St., Phila. PA 19107
 Thomas Jefferson University		  | http://oac1.oac.tju.edu/~blakely1/