search engines

Elizabeth L. Blakely blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
Fri Oct 10 11:21:03 EDT 1997

I evaluated search engines for our website earlier this year and found
that if you have limited budget (time, money, tecnical expertise) support
for adding a search engine EXCITE may be your best bet.  It is easy to
install and configure and can be administered via a set of web pages.  I
found that the other options tended to be expensive or required more
expertise such as PERL scripting.

EXCITE may not have all the bells and whistles that some engines have but
it is a known quantity for those who use the web.