American Libraries Oct. 1997

Michael Schuyler michael at linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us
Thu Oct 9 12:14:30 EDT 1997

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Susan Gilkeson wrote:

> Reading my current issue of AL I notice on page 17 an article about =
> Brock Meeks of MSNBC. In the little blurb the list "filt4libs listserv" =
> is mentioned. Is this a listserv or is it in reference to THIS list just =
> named incorrectly? I certainly can't find a "filt4libs" list. Thanks!

Here are some filters-related sites, including the one you mentioned.

Jerry Kuntz of Rampo Catskill Library System has a filter site up called
"Internet Filtering Software Vendor Survey" where he has compiled vendor
survey rather than a product evaluation. The address is:
http://www.rcls.org/filter/filter.htm.

Filter-related listservs:

Filt4lib: City of Escondido Public Library. To subscribe, send a message
with "subscribe" as the subject to filt4lib at public.ci.escondido.ca.us.
Don't put subscribe in the text of the message or you send to the list
itself. Mail goes to the same place.

Filters-tech: Kitsap Regional Library. To subscribe, send to
majordomo at linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us and place "subscribe filters-tech" in
the body of the message with nothing else. Mail goes to
filters-tech at linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us

And, the most comprehensive site around is Karen Schneiders The Internet
Filter Assessment Project at: http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap

    o      _____            |   Kitsap Regional    | |   LinkNet Support  |
  .][__n_n_|DD[  ====_____  |      Library         | |   'least we try!   |
 _/oo OOOOO oo`  ooo   ooo  'o^o^o            o^o^o` 'o^o              o^o`
Support: (360) 405-9131 Fax:(360) 405-9128 support at linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us
Michael Schuyler:     Voice:(360) 405-9139 michael at linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us