Using VBScript/JavaScript in library sites -Reply

Smith, Oliver Oliver_Smith at attcapital.com
Wed Oct 8 10:03:09 EDT 1997

Hi

in re javascript implementations:

Javascript has been extremely useful in providing client-side
verification prompts in the context of fill-out forms.

The visual possibilities with javascript are numerous, and can do a lot
for a page.

I have implemented Marcello Martins (sp?) extraordinary js cascading
left frame navigation scheme -- you can find it at gamelan's javascript
section / best of examples.

I've also implemented animated bullets with mouseOver and mouseOut to
indicate that they are hyperlinked, and to distinguish them from other
bullets in the same table (as it happens) which serve only as visual
cues.

Oliver Smith