job posting: Information Architect/Project Manager

Louis Rosenfeld lou at argus-inc.com
Wed Oct 1 12:07:29 EDT 1997

Company:		Argus Associates, Inc.
Position Title:		Information Architect and Project Manager
Position Location:	Ann Arbor, Michigan
Position Type:		Full time, Permanent

Company Profile

Argus specializes in information architecture design for large, complex
intranets and Web sites.  We create organization, labeling, navigation,
indexing, and classification systems that help users find the information
they need.  Since 1993, we have provided strategy consulting and
information architecture services to some of the world's largest
corporations, including Borders Books & Music, Chrysler Corporation, and
Encyclopaedia Britannica.  In addition, Argus developed and manages the
Argus Clearinghouse, the Internet's premier research library.

Each of our consultants holds an advanced degree in information science
and librarianship.  As advocates for the importance of information
architecture, we write and speak extensively on the topic.  We're
currently working on a book for O'Reilly & Associates entitled:

	Information Architecture for the World Wide Web
	http://www.ora.com/catalog/infotecture/

Position Description

We are seeking a creative, team-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with
a background in information and library science.

As an information architecture consultant, this individual must understand
the principles of information organization and indexing, information
management, and user interface design.  Experience as a team member on
Internet-based information system development projects is desired.

As a project manager, this individual should have excellent communication,
organization, and management skills and should be comfortable maintaining
relationships with clients, co-workers, and subcontractors.  Experience
managing relationships in an interdisciplinary environment is desired but
not required.  We are willing to train the right person.

Since Argus is an entrepreneurial company, opportunities exist to be
involved in a diverse array of projects which may include the development
of innovative information services such as the Argus Clearinghouse,
speaking at professional conferences, and writing articles and books.

Argus offers a competitive salary, vacation, results-based bonus, medical
benefits, training, and excellent career development potential.

Requirements

* Masters in Information and Library Studies.
* Experience designing and developing Web sites.
* Experience managing people and projects (desired but not required).

How Do I Apply?

If you are interested in this position, please send the following
materials to Peter Morville before the application deadline of
October 14, 1997:

* a resume;
* a brief description of your information architecture and project
  management experience;
* URLs for web sites you have helped to develop;
* a brief writing sample (article or college essay);
* a note indicating where you heard about this opportunity; and
* contact information including phone number and email address.

Please send these materials by mail, email, or fax.  No phone calls please.

Peter Morville
Argus Associates, Inc.
109 Catherine Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104

Email:	morville at argus-inc.com
Fax:	313.213.8082

For more information about Argus, please review our web site at
http://argus-inc.com/