Promoting a paragraph

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:40:03 EDT 1997

>I am fairly new at web design and am able to promote lists
>and such, however, I am trying to design a paragraph with a
>hypertext link on one line, and on the next line a description
>of the hypertext link (indented twice so that it stands out.)  I
>can't seem to do this without leaving a space between the
>1st and 2nd lines.
>
>I have written the following:
>
><A HREF=_________________></A></P>
><UL>
><UL>
>text
></UL>
><BR>
></UL><P>

Hm...when you say 'indented twice' I will assume you mean indented 2
spaces.  Here's one way to do what you want, however, this will put the
description directly underneath the hyperlink without the blank line in
between.

<ul>
<li>
&nbsp;&nbsp;This is a link to blah blah blah.
</ul>

You could also do a definition list with the hyperlink on the first line
and the text below and indented (but more than 2 spaces) with a blank line
(using <p>) in between the hyperlink and text. If that extra line space
between link and text isn't important then don't put in the <p>:

<dl>
<dt>
<dd>This is a link to blah blah blah.
</dl>

There might be other more creative ways, but these would be pretty easy to
do. In either case, you'd only have one list, i.e. only one set of list

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu