Ikiosk loop problem

Roslyn Margret Fleck Margret.Fleck at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Nov 26 23:13:07 EST 1997

Hi Everyone

After lurking for nine months I finally have a problem which I am hoping
someone on the list can help me with.

The library has installed Ikiosk on all our web database machines to
discourage those users who can't keep control of their curiosity or
mice.  The problem I have is that I ran the remove programme on one of
the machines, which it duly did.  I then ran the install program to bring
up the Ikiosk program group (so I could make my changes).  However this
didn't bring up the program group so I ran it again.  This time I got the
program group, but I was unable to start Ikiosk as the message came up
telling me to restart windows.  However as program manager was still
locked down I was not able to restart windows.  So I rebooted.  Now I
have a loop where I can't start Ikiosk (as it is disabled) until I
restart windows etc.

Has anyone else had this problem and can you tell me what causes it and
how to fix it so that it doesn't happen again?

TIA

-Margret Fleck
Asst Librarian
Victoria University of Wellington Library