Turning off E-Mail -Reply

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Tue Nov 25 13:16:38 EST 1997

Sue,

You can turn the e-mail off, but this involves deleting it and cleaning your
register (if you use Win95) and can be messy.

The easiest thing to do is download the version (4.02, I think) of
Netscape which only gives you the Navigator.  Its on their web site and if
your entitled to its product, you can download it for free.

What I would do is:
1. down load the stripped package -- Just the Navigator,
2. Copy the file with your bookmarks to another directory for save
keeping.
3. (If WIN95) go to Control Panel,  Add/Remove Software and remove the
edition you now use.  This will allow the program to remove the registry
notations.
4. Install the new version from the Add/Remove Software.
5. Copy the bookmarks back to the Netscape directory.

>>> "spearce" <spearce at infolink.org> 11/25/97 11:43am >>>
I'm using Netscape Communicator, I think that is the same as Netscape
4, but I'm not sure. I would love to turn the E-Mail function off. Do
I need to download a different Netscape  or can I disable E-Mail with
Communicator and my next question is how?

Sue
spearce at infolink.org

John H. Rosenhamer                            Technical Service Librarian
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 S. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK  73013                     (405) 682-1611 x7229
jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us                   Fax: (405) 682-7585
jrosenhamer at dante.okc.cc.ok.us