Printer recommendations?

Tom Klingler tk at lms.kent.edu
Mon Nov 24 08:00:49 EST 1997

At 1:37 PM -0800 11/21/97, Terri Muraski wrote:
>We are looking to set up a laser printer network similar to the one
>described below using a
>Windows NT server.  We are looking for print queue software which will hold
>and queue print "orders" from the PC's until the student requests printing.
> We plan to charge for the printing
>using a card reader system already on campus.
>
>Does anyone have any experience/recommendations regarding software for NT?

 ===============

We haven't bought anything yet, and I cannot endorse or critique any of
them, but here is a list of possible vendors.  At least one offers a
solution for NT.

GoPrint Technologies
(formerly Card Access Technologies, Inc. and Network Printer Solutions)
8100 Lomo Alto
Suite # 201
Dallas, TX  75225
214-691-8100
214-691-8106 fax
800-657-6166 sales
sales at goprint.com
http://www.goprint.com
Stephen Weldon, President
Self-service touchscreen network printer manager.
Card or coin.

-------------------
Interface Electronics
4579 Abbotts Bridge Road, Suite 8
Duluth, GA  30155
770-623-1066
770-623-8001 fax
http://www.interface.com
--offers  ITC Systems Printing Solutions as "The Interface Electronics
Print Revenue Management Solution."
Novell or NT  print queue management.
Card
Self-service

--------------------

ICS -- Integrated Campus Solutions, part of
Ikon Office Solutions,
Bruce Bailey
517-463-3525
markets  UnipriNT,
a print accounting system from Pharos Systems
http://www.pharos.co.nz/products/uniprint/

Tom Klingler
Head of Systems
Libraries and Media Services