Web Page Editing -- Buttons

Byron C. Mayes bcmayes at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu
Thu Nov 20 17:43:57 EST 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, John Rosenhamer wrote:

> I'm working on new pages for our library, and I would like to include
> some large buttons.  These need be large enough to hold their title.  I think
> I want to put them along the left edge in a frame.
>
> How can I get the buttons, or make the buttons.

If you just want a simple, 3D looking button without any special
fanciness, you can make a simple one-function form using code similar to
the following:

<FORM METHOD="GET" ACTION="http://www.calgon.com/">
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Calgon">take me away!</FORM>

It works best when all titles are of the same length and relatively short.

Byron

 Prof. Byron C. Mayes
 Systems Librarian/Assistant Professor
 Hunter College of the City University of New York
 695 Park Avenue * New York, New York 10021
 bcmayes at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu  * 212-772-4168 * Fax: 212-772-5113