Printer recommendations?

Robert J Tiess rjtiess at juno.com
Thu Nov 20 06:45:58 EST 1997

MVANHOUTEN at PCI.ALBION.EDU writes:
>Does anyone have recommendations for printers to attach to library
>public (reference) PCs? We are currently using Epson LX-300s, but are
>interested in moving to something faster, and better for printing web
>pages, full-text articles, etc. Anyone using Deskjets or something
similar?
>We plan to have a printer with each PC, rather than networking several
>PCs to a shared printer. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks!

We're using several HP 672Cs at our library, and they're both fast
(relatively) and cheap ($200).  They can print in color, or you can set
it to gray, to conserve on the costly color cartridge.  Best buy in its
class, right now, although there are better printers by this same
company.  In my office I use the Epson 400 Color, which is nice but
way too slow for public access.

Robert J. Tiess
Middletown Thrall Library
http://www.thrall.org