Browser usage.

NFML at aol.com NFML at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 18:31:32 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-11-19 10:15:22 EST, drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU writes:

> 1. If people are using Win95, why not use the latest browser?
The answers you have already gotten sound pretty accurate.  Another is that
sometimes the new version adds unwanted "features" and drops desired
features.  One of our most technically savvy web designers got Netscape 4.0,
spent a month trying to get it to work the way *he* wanted it to work and
then went back to 3.0 because it was easier to customize.   I don't like what
I've seen of 4.0 either: they hid the Find command which I use a lot on large
text documents, added a Search button which is useless since I already have
the specific engines I use bookmarked, added a Guide button which misleads
our patrons into thinking that we recommend their sites, ect.