Is Yahoo! still useful?

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Tue Nov 18 16:54:04 EST 1997

I can speak from experience that Yahoo is very UNresponsive to modification
requests. We changed sites 10 months ago, and have as yet failed to get Yahoo
to show our new site. Consequently we have had to maintain an account at our
prior site in order to forward the (many) web hits that we get from Yahoo.

I had a hard time getting listed in the first place, until I cocontacted them
about possible advertising...

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, CMUNSON wrote:

>      Yahoo! has been one of the premiere web directories for several years,
>      but I'm beginning to wonder if it's really up-to-date. Does anyone
>      know of any articles or studies on Yahoo! or its content? I've
>      submitted web sites half a dozen times to Yahoo! and they never got
>      added. One was work-related and I asked 4 times over 6 months. Given
>      the exponential increase in web content you'd think you'd see a
>      corresponding increase in the number of new sites added.
>
>      I see little evidence of this at Yahoo!
>
>      Any observations?
>
>      Chuck Munson
>      AAAS

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760