Book reviewers needed

M.Paul Pandian PANDIAN at fac.irm.ernet.in
Thu Nov 13 00:43:33 EST 1997

Dear Mr. Wiley

Congratulations to you for your new assignment as editor of Hardcopy
book review for ONLINE and DATABASE magazines.

I am an information professional with Associateship in Documentation
and Information Science from Indian Statistical Institute, India and
having over 9 years experience in computerised information
processing and organisation in the network environment.

I will be happy to write the book reviews for ONLINE and DATABASE
magazines.

My area of interests:

1. Internet Information System for Library
   Design and development of Internet/Web Server for Library,
   HomePages, Online databases, search interfaces for online databases
   etc.

2. Digital Libraries

3. Library Networking

4. Library Automation

I have designed and developed a cost effective internet server for
our library using Linux operating system, Apache web server s/w,
CDS/ISIS - a database management program from UNESCO, WWWISIS - a web
interface for searching cds/isis databases.

You can visit the site at http://library.irm.ernet.in/

I would appreciate, if you can keep me informed.

 Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:51:17 - 0800 > Send reply to:  deb at consultnw.com
> From:           Deb Wiley <deb at consultnw.com>
> To:             Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject:        Book reviewers needed

> Hello,
> I'm the new editor of the Hardcopy book review column for ONLINE and
> DATABASE magazines. I am seeking creative, deadline-oriented librarians or
> information professionals to write reviews on an occasional basis.  Please
> contact me with details of your background and areas of interest.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Deb Wiley
> deb at consultnw.com
>

> Deborah Lynne Wiley
> Next Wave Consulting, Inc.
> ~~ helping publishers profit in a digital age ~~
> P.O. Box 8 Deale, MD 20751
> phone:301-261-9012 *** fax 410-867-8298
> mailto:deb at consultnw.com   http://consultnw.com

M Paul Pandian

             *            Ravi J. Matthai Library          *
             *         Institute of Rural Management       *
             *            Anand 388 001, Gujarat           *
             *                   India                     *
             *       Tel:0091-2692-40177, 40171, 40391     *
             *              Fax:0091-2692-40188            *
             *         email:pandian at fac.irm.ernet.in      *
             *          http://library.irm.ernet.in/       *