Career Transitions

feridun at ix.netcom.com feridun at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 8 13:38:47 EST 1997

Hello!

I'm writing an article on making career transitions between specialties and would be interested in
hearing from anyone with tips or advice to offer.

I've learned from my own experience and conversations with other information professionals that it
can be difficult to move from one library setting to another (eg. public to corporate, school to
academic), one library type to another (eg. sci/tech to news, business to medical), and one
library function to another (eg. reference to technical services). If you have been successful in
making a transition or have been in a hiring capacity, I'd appreciate any insights you'd like to
share.

Thanks!
Karen Feridun