Web support pages for students

Joe Barker jbarker at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 6 14:38:44 EST 1997

Jenny and all--
	After reading some of the replies Jenny received about this
request, I decided to send the list the suggestion I sent her.
	At UC Berkeley, the Teaching Library does course-integrated web
instruction all the time.  Most of the time, I use pieces of the online
tutorial the outline of which begins at:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/FindInfo.html
	We print them, have the class retrieve them, or, sometimes I
create a page especially for a class.  An example of this is at:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Engl195.html
	I leave the pages like this, designed for students to use
throughout the year as they work on their senior theses, up and allow use
long after the class in which I explain how to use it and what's there.
I will also add to the page if I find appropriate links during the year.
	It contains links which can provide students who need it all
kinds of help from advanced to elementary.

	Joe Barker
	The Teaching Library, UC Berkeley