Restricting users to a set of IP's/DNS names

Michael Huber mhuber1 at umbc.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:47:32 EST 1997

We are migrating from CD-Rom to Web based databases (many will no longer
be available on CD-Rom).  Hence; we need to replace our CD-Rom based
workstations with web browers.  The problem is restricting these machines
to a certain set of IP addresses or DNS names to prevent users from using
these machines for something other than database access.

Has anyone ever used/heard of software that will meet this need?  i.e.
restricting URL's?

Posted for: Steve Jones