Teaching the Internet via the Internet

N.Bowskill N.Bowskill at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 10:04:05 EST 1997

[Apologies for cross posting]

****Announcing the 5th nls-forum guest speaker ****

The NetLinkS project is pleased to announce the fifth event in a
programme of discussions led by "guest speakers". Due to popular
demand, these discussions have  become  a regular feature of our
discussion list - nls-forum - and we would like to invite you to take
part.

We are delighted to welcome Walter Scales, Trainer for the Netskills
Project at the University of Newcastle, who has very generously
offered to lead a discussion for a period of 3 weeks from this
Wednesday (5th November) on the topic of  "Teaching the Internet via
the Internet." We're sure Walter will be raising some challenging, not
to say thorny, issues and we hope many of you will be keen to join in
to share experience and views. So we hope you'll make the 5th a date
for your virtual diaries :-)

Those of you who didn't participate in our earlier conferences they
are all archived on the NetLinkS Project Web Site at :
http://netways.shef.ac.uk/discuss/arcintro.htm

If you have not already joined nls-forum, here's what you need to do:

HOW TO JOIN NLS-FORUM:

To subscribe, send the following message:

join nls-forum firstname lastname

This should be the only text in the body of the message addressed to:

mailbase at mailbase.ac.uk

EXAMPLE:

join nls-forum Josephine Bloggs (remembering to substitute your own
name!)

NetLinkS aim to make discussions of this kind a regular feature on the
list, and to archive them at the NetLinkS Web site. Please do let us
know if you have any suggestions for hot topics, or would like to lead
a discussion yourself - we want to make the programme as relevant and
interesting as possible, so your input is needed!

NetLinkS is a Training and Awareness project supported by the
Joint Information Systems Committee of the Higher Education Funding
Council of England, as part of its Electronic Libraries programme.

http://netways.shef.ac.uk/about/staff/nick.htm

NetLinkS Project,
Dept. of Information Studies,
University of Sheffield,