Global Search and Replace

Karl Fattig kfattig at polar.bowdoin.edu
Fri Nov 7 14:10:01 EST 1997

At 08:51 AM 11/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I was wondering what others experiences have been like with "globally" (i.e.
>across many files all at once) replacing text in HTML documents.
>
>Any other horror stories?
>
>Jim Rible

Jim,

No horror stories, but I have used Hot Dog Pro's "Multi File Find and
Replace" option with a great deal of success. Hot Dog Pro doesn't seem to
add any control coding of its own, and the nice thing is that it works
across multiple files and across directories. And the files don't have to
be open.

I still find Hot Dog Pro to be too slow on startup and opening files to use
regularly, but I do like that Multi-File find and replace tool. Mostly we
use Arachnophilia to edit our pages.

Karl Fattig