phrase needed

Donald Barclay dbarclay at Bayou.UH.EDU
Fri Nov 7 08:41:38 EST 1997

I've heard such searches called "nested searches," but this may not be the
universally accepted term. Could there be a term from algebra that
describes such searches?

Donald A. Barclay
Coordinator of Electronic Services    always the beautiful answer
University of Houston Libraries       who asks a more beautiful question
dbarclay at uh.edu                               --e.e. cummings
www.uh.edu/~dbarclay