CLA Internet Booth Volunteers needed

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Nov 4 12:50:04 EST 1997

I apologize for the short notice but am desperately seeking volunteers for
the CLA Internet Booth which is sponsored by the CLA Information Technology
Committee. Here is the information that I received from Vickie Johnson (IT
President):

>The Internet Booth is open when the exhibits are open--
>12:00 - 5:00 Saturday
>9:00 - 4:00 Sunday
>9:00 - 2:00 Monday
>
>According to Tom Smorch "Volunteers in the INTERNET Booth
>need: to know a little about the INTERNET; how to free a stuck
>machine; how to get into email; encourage people to take any
>handouts; help with searches etc.

>Shifts have usually been 1-1 1/2 hours. The schedule will be at the
>booth for people to check when they are signed up and so they will
>know who their replacements are."

The booth is open 17 hours so we probably need at least 17 people, the more
the better!  Please respond to me (Linda Hyman) at lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu or
(619) 594-4414 if you are interested and tell me the hours that you are
willing to take.  This can be alot of fun and a great way to meet old
friends and new people.  Please help.  Thanks alot.

Linda Woods Hyman
Pacific Bell Education First
Dept. of Educational Technology
San Diego State University