URL minder and website downloading softw

toth-waddell at ontla.ola.org toth-waddell at ontla.ola.org
Tue May 27 14:17:27 EDT 1997

URL minders:
I've heard that software exists which tells you not only when a web page
has changed, but also what the change is.  Does anyone know where I could
find this software?  If not, are there any regular types of URL minders
anyone can recommend?

Website downloading:
We would like to be able to download a complete website occasionally so
that we can catalogue it and preserve it in some manner (diskette, server
or print- we haven't fully explored these options yet).  Does anyone know
of any such software they can recommend?  Has anyone had experience with
trying to preserve complete sites?

I would appreciate any recommendations or help anyone can offer.

Annemarie Toth-Waddell
Head, Cataloguing
Ontario Legislative Library
Toth-Waddell at ontla.ola.org