Adobe Acrobat and Capture

Dean C. Rowan wpl at quick.net
Thu May 15 03:37:20 EDT 1997

I have perused the Web4Lib archives messages pertaining to Adobe
Acrobat and have found some helpful discussions regarding the
distinctions between PDF and HTML in terms of function and design.
My question, however, is fairly rudimentary:  do I want to use Adobe
Acrobat to create reproductions of paper forms to be accessible via
the Web?  I want to allow folks who view the Web site to make copies
of the forms, manually fill them out and mail or fax 'em back.  (That
is, I do not want to allow completion and delivery of the forms via
the Web at this stage.)

Are there alternatives to Acrobat?

Finally, has anybody used either Adobe Capture or HTML Transit to
convert lengthy documents to HTML?  Any preferences or cautions?

Dean C. Rowan
Whittier Public Library