Web4lib Readership Survey

solutions at capecod.net solutions at capecod.net
Mon May 12 10:02:33 EDT 1997

I am doing graduate work at Harvard, including On-line Communities.
As my research paper, I'd like to compare several characteristics of
readers of this list with different subject matter lists.  Would you please
respond to the following questionaire and mail it back to me:

mailto://hgreen@carrie.lcs.mit.edu
or fax:  508-945-3515

After compiling the results and developing my paper, I'll do a follow up
posting with a web site where the results may be viewed and/or downloaded.
Of course, no respondants will be identified in any way.
Thanks in advance!    Howard Green

____For how many Months have you subscribed or accessed WEB4LIB?

____About how many Different lists do you review monthly?

____Roughly, what Percent of list postings seem "relevant" for you?

____How many QUESTIONS have you posted to web4lib in the past 12 mo?

____How many RESPONSES have you posted to web4lib in the past 12 mo?

____How many people (from the list) have you started dialogs with
    or initiated other new contacts, as a result of the list?

____How do you read this list?
a.  Often in Real Time; sometimes an accumulation of several days postings.
b.  Sometimes in Real Time; often an accumulation of several days postings.
c.  Only via the Digest; generally try to read it nearly every day.
d.  Only via the Digest; generally try to read them more than once a week.
e.  Only via the Digest; generally try to read them more than once a month.
f.  Only via the Digest; save and research when something is needed.
g.  Only via the Digest; only occasionally scan.

...What would you suggest to improve the way WEB4LIB operates?