Filtering viewpoints... -Reply

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Tue May 6 13:20:20 EDT 1997

At 09:48 AM 5/6/97 -0700, Dan Lester wrote:
>Really?  What if your local flasher comes in and shows his
>(or her, though I've not seen that since the days of streaking)
>privates to your patrons.  Are YOU personally responsible?
>I'd never claim to be.

True, but the library isn't paying the guy to come in and do it.  The fact
that the library is paying for the computers, and paying for the internet
service, does, indeed, make them responsible for whatever is on that
computer.  Disclaimer's would help, but you're still responsible.

You also, would become responsible if you sat there and let the guy flash
everyone.  By you not doing anything to remove the person from the library
shows that you consent to what he is doing, and you could be, at least,
partially responsible. (Maybe I'm in the wrong profession! ;)

Ronnie