SIRSI Webcat 856 tag link checks

ggarbe at erols.com ggarbe at erols.com
Fri May 23 18:51:36 EDT 1997

Does anyone know of an automatic way to check the links that have been
entered in the 856 field in the SIRSI Webcat to see if they are still
active?  I am aware of link checking software that can check the links on
webpages, but these are strictly cataloging links to PDF files that are not
on our servers.  Our library holds paper copies of these reports, and we
have provided electronic access to these documents on a government server
for times that the library is closed.  Ideally, we would like to set up
something that would check all the 856 tags for non-working links both on
and off our web server.

Thanks for your help.

Grace Garbe
Reference Librarian