NT question from a different angle

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Mar 27 10:29:56 EST 1997

After further consideration (and seeing the rather intimidating amount of work
James Cayz put into his system), I think I may have made my question more
complicated than necessary.  (Never done that before! :-) )

We don't anticipate more than a few patrons will ever need to be blocked from
our system (none are now), so downloading the whole ID file would be overkill.
All I really need is a front end on an NT4/Explorer system which will check an
ID against a small file and allow a certain amount of time per day.

Our system people tell me this is relatively easy in VMS DCL.  Can I do this
using NT's own functions, or using free/cheap software?  I have some NT admin
books with software which I will be studying, but it would be nice to know
ahead of time.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org