Pull the plug on the personal stuff

Steve Hooley! hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Thu Mar 27 08:35:58 EST 1997

 <RANR>       I hate to see this thread continued - everybody lighten up!
Besides, the late Eric Blair would deplore the use of his phrase to needle a
colleague. Isn't there a convention that a thread ends when Nazis are
invoked as a comparison? 1984 was just another year. </RANT>
        Seriously, I feel as if my family members are fighting here. I see
nothing more than hasty postings and disagreement on terms.

>Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:05:15 -0800
>Sender: web4lib at library.berkeley.edu
>From: "Burt, David" <DBurt at ci.oswego.or.us>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: Re: Pull the plug -- libraries aren't
>
>Barb Dunn wrote:
>
>> I also think you've been using Newspeak to insult your
>>patrons to us and I have to say I find that offensive.
>
>What, exactly does this mean, Barb?
>
>          ***********************************************************
>          David Burt, Information Technology Librarian
>          The Lake Oswego Public Library
>          706 Fourth Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
>          Phone:     (503) 635-0392
>          Fax:           (503) 635-4171
>          E-mail:      dburt at ci.oswego.or.us

 Stephen S. Hooley                "When the going gets
 Romulan Tech Support              weird, the weird

 Systems Group                     turn pro."

 Henderson Library                  -- Hunter S. Thompson

 Ga Southern Univ

 Statesboro, GA 30460