Pull the plug -- libraries aren't common carriers

S. M. S. ssansenb at delnet.net
Sun Mar 23 19:25:02 EST 1997

In this discussion most of the emphasis has been placed on the common,
over-the-counter web-filtering software.

What would be your feelings if instead of a top-down approach (taking ALL of
the Internet and filtering out), librarians could build from the bottom up
and only give children access to librarian pre-selected sites?  This would
include eliminating access to the major search-mechanisms.