LYNX abuse by hackers? ... further news

Bill Walker WALKEB05 at STOCKTON.LIB.CA.US
Fri Mar 21 14:39:07 EST 1997

	Hello again.  I want to thank all the people who have graciously
offered advice so far.  I am afraid, however, that I jumped the gun and
wrote my query before I had all the facts.
	I spoke again with our Systems staff and learned that LYNX
vulnerability was not the problem as we had previously been told.  Actually
it was more a question of needing more firewall protection at certain points
of our network.
	Sorry if I wasted anyone's time with this.  Plans are in the works
to fix the security problems.  LYNX was not the culprit.

--Bill Walker
  Stockton-San Joaquin County (Calif.) Public Library
  "opinions expressed are solely my own"